Saturday, November 09, 2013

FISHING ON THE GRAND WESTERN CANAL

6TH-JULY/2013

Welcome back to another one of my fishing blogs on the grand western canal in tiverton it was 4 am on a Saturday morning and i decided to fish on a local stretch of the tiverton canal in tiverton the canal is only a couple minutes walk from my house i walked up and was on the stretch were i was going to fish by 4:15am i decided to fish on a peg that was a open peg with reeds on the far bank in which i decided i would fish up tight to the far bank at 11.5 meters i only set up one top kit with a 6 to 8 orange elastic on a 3lb main line to a 2.8oz hook length to a size 18 wide gape barbless hook i was using a roach 4x14 pole float i plumbed up at around 11.5 meters and it was only around 8 inches but i fished slightly to my left it was about 17inches deep  and i decided to fish there .I fed my liquidised bread on the spot were i had plumbed up i ended up feeding 2 cups of bait and left it for about 10 minutes while i was sorting a few other things out.
I was going to fish just the bread today also it was all i took with me so i had no choice really i started off on a 6mm punch and had my first bite after about 5 minutes it was a good fish i got it up to the net and the hook pulled out i went back out on a larger bit of bread and it was a bite straight away it was a bream of about 3lb i put it in the keep net and was back out fishing i chopped and changed from small bread punch and larger punch and bread flake i ended up with 5 bream and a tench with half a dozen roach and small skimmers it was a good session but it had got  very hot and it was only 10am so i decide to pack up and head off home so until my next blog tight line if your on the banks

tight lines

lee

No comments:

Post a Comment